Thoughts from the mountains of my mind. Sit back and relax for awhile.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Apologies

Sorry about no post yesterday. Coming back to work after moving people last week, and counselors going to their new desks...there was lots of whining and problems that had to be taken care of. Add to that me leaving my laptop at home (I now have no desktop at work so basically I couldn't do anything until Mark brought it to me - luckily, had an appointment down town and dropped it off on his way.), things just didn't permit me time to sit and put together an entry.



The first order of business: What was the gift that Mark brought me? I did tell Spider over the weekend because he was practically begging to know. ;-)



It's a Build-A-Bear with leather chaps on. Now they are Harley Davidson riding chaps (as opposed to posing chaps which have the snaps/zippers on the inside of the pants leg, not the outside) but LeatherWerks hasn't created a line of t-backs, vests, and boots for teddy bears...just real ones. Mark will pick up the rest of the outfit on his next trip out to Anaheim (which is this evening and comes back in two weeks).



Let's move on. We had a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving Day weekend. The best part was NOT getting up Friday before the sun and going out to the stores. We looked through the ads on Thursday night after everyone had gone home. And we saw nothing that really jumped out at us...nothing that we wanted to go stand in line for and fight other shoppers looking for parking spots. I specifically remember Sydney waking me up wanting to go to the bathroom. I took her out, and gratefully climbed back into bed, thinking how much better I felt being able to go back to sleep and not be out at the stores.



Saturday night we ran out to the MGM/Studios and checked out the Osbourne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. 'Dancing' has been added to the title this year. Every 15 minutes the lights put on a show to a hard-driving Christmas tune (Mannheim Steamroller and Trans-Siberian Orchestra songs). And I really have to say I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's amazing to see all the lights in the whole area just blinking and fading in tune to the music. After checking all that out, we then caught Fantasmic which I also still enjoy a lot.



We spent Friday and Saturday putting lights on my mom's house, my brother's house, and our friend C.'s house. You could get rich doing that if you had the time and equipment. With all of Mark's traveling three houses were all we could handle.



Sunday night Mark did a performance while I walked around Epcot and riding a few attractions. When he was done we ran over to the Studios again and had dinner at Mama Melrose's which was soooo good!



*********************



I am now fed up with leftovers. At least I finished off several of the containers of food this morning packing my lunch. I can actually get to the back of the fridge now. Tonight will be some more leftovers...by Thursday I should have them all finished. But the kids have been loving the dark meat we saved for them. I give them a little bit in their bowl at each feeding.



I hope everyone had a good weekend like we did. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home