Thoughts from the mountains of my mind. Sit back and relax for awhile.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A New Toilet And A New Channel For Christmas

Yep, that's what we got. On the 23rd, Mark decided to rip up the linoleum in the guest bathroom and start laying the tile he had bought a few months earlier. That meant picking up a new toilet at Home Depot to also put in. As you can guess, there was not a rush at Home Depot in the bathroom section so this didn't take much time at all.



I'll post pictures when it's totally done. The only thing left now is to clean up the excess grout that's on the tiles. But the tile is such an improvement over what was there.



Christmas was pretty quiet. My mom is out of town and so is my dad so I stayed home Christmas Eve and Day. Mark did all 3 shows each night so he was gone by 3:30 each day. For you Floridians, you know what the weather was like yesterday: gray and rainy. I watched the tube and played on the PC. It was great watching the Disney Christmas parade on TV and the whole time they had on-screen radar maps and warnings for tornado watches for the entire Central Florida area.



But the best part of the weekend was finding out that Bright House now carries the Logo Network! It's the new GLBT cable station. They had some shows I recorded and we watched when Mark got back from his performances. There was Wigstock: The Movie, and a documentary about the history of Fire Island Pines that was fascinating. They also run shows like Queer as Folk and other gay-themed programs (edited as this is regular cable). One of the things I like that they do is when they show a succession of pictures of two people, guys or girls, from baby pictures to adult, and the final shot is one picture of the two people together as a couple. If you live in Central Florida and subscribe to Bright House, check out channel 181.



We also watched the season finale of Dexter. Twisted and great like every episode is. And leave it to CSI to make murder a comedy (the guy stuck in the cement when he tries to dispose of a body). I also saw the season finale of Doctor Who; I'm glad they ran the two episodes back to back so I didn't have to wait to see the ending.



So that was my Christmas...a bathroom make-over, rain, television, and the computer. We exchanged a few gifts; nothing extravagant this year as we have that big cruise coming up in May and that's our big present to ourselves.



I hope everyone had a decent Holiday, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home