Thoughts from the mountains of my mind. Sit back and relax for awhile.

Monday, December 4, 2006

Back To Work...

Yes. Another weekend is over with and time to go back to the rat race. I did enjoy Saturday and Sunday. Spent time in the Parks. Expedition Everest is as awesome as ever. And it was fun hearing my relatives scream on the ride (they had not been to Animal Kingdom before).



My 'Holiday Gala' for work was OK. The space was not filled, and I think the atmosphere was definitely dampened by the recent layoffs at work (one of the people, in fact, was one of the ladies partly responsible for planning and putting together the event). I enjoy wearing my tux. Got lots of compliments. I was the most formally dressed person there. No pictures, though. They had no photographer for the event. One of the folks at my table snapped a few pictures. I'll have to get a copy from them. I left just before 10 PM. Drove by the PH and was going to go in but the parking lot was full, and since I was alone, and dressed very nicely, I didn't want to park off site. I drove over to Studz, had a drink and played a few games on the video machine, but there was no one there I knew and the few people there were busy in conversation with others. I left after about 30 minutes and went home.



Sunday I went to **** ******* ***** ***** and got my **** ***** ************ *** ******* *****. That was a lot of fun! Rushed home, got changed, and went to my brother's place for his office get together which was decent. A small gathering so very casual and low-key.



I also got to watch some of the shows piling up on the DVR. Here are my quips on the best shows I watched:



* My Name is Earl is still one of the rudest and funniest shows around. And the scenes with Joy, Marly Matlin, and her sign interpreter were f-ing hysterical!

* The Office - This show is so cringe-inducing when you watch it, but you can't look away! I guess you could describe it as uncomfortably entertaining. The whole storyline about the employee who spent time in prison and everyone finding out...yikes! But the pratical joke played on Pam by Jim, and the final shot where she is being serenaded (and her look at Jim knowing she had been set-up) was priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home