Thoughts from the mountains of my mind. Sit back and relax for awhile.

Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Work Decisions

If you've read my blog over the past few months you'll know about the unrest we've been through at my place of employment. First, we were told of our financial instability so raises and bonuses were on hold for two years (could change depending on how our business improves). Then we laid off almost a dozen people, some of them directors (IE-executives). I was not worried about my job because I'm infrastructure. They simply can't keep the place running with less people at the Help Desk. Was this the job I wanted to stay at? Stuff like this can really beat your morale down.



It has come to the point where I've been putting my resume out and seeing what jobs might be available. Nothing fabulous has appeared. But something has happened that has me thinking I'll stay a while longer.



When my boss allowed me to take day classes for the upcoming semester, I thought how lucky I am to work in a company that is small enough where we all know each other, and one of my bosses would have my educational interests at heart. The place may not be perfect, but there are some really good benefits that I shouldn't overlook right now. I start next week on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I can't wait to see the 'difference' in day-class and night-class students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home