Thoughts from the mountains of my mind. Sit back and relax for awhile.

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Yawn Yawn)

Did ya' miss me? Yesterday was just a really busy day at work (add to that not really having a subject come to me I wanted to blog about). And now staying later at work (more on that in a bit) and being the only one at home for a few weeks I had very little free time.



First, a movie review:



Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - I had hopes for this film. It was nominated for a GLAAD Award in 2006 for Outstanding Film - Wide Release, though did not win. I thought if GLAAD nominated this, there's got to be something 'gay-worthy' in it. There really wasn't. Val Kilmer's private eye character is gay, but he isn't the main character, and his sexuality was not really necessary except for the 'tied-to-the-chair' scene. Otherwise, it's a quirky murder mystery where the writers decide it would be great to have Robert Downey Jr get his finger cut off by a slamming door and have a dog eat it. Watch it if it's on cable, but unless you are a huge RDJ or VK fan, I wouldn't waste your money on renting it.



As for the story-line, a private eye, a small-town girl in Hollywood, and a thief-turned-actor get embroiled in a murder plot. A few chuckles but mostly uninteresting.



********************************



Today was the first day of class. Something to do with Server 2003 for Windows. Thursday's class is, too. I really like the little USB drive I bought. We can plug them right into the monitor! Neat-o! I also type my notes as the teacher talks and save them right to the drive.



After spending $237 on school books yesterday I am glad to find out I can return one of them that we aren't going to use ($48.70 back on the credit card! WooHoo!)



But because of my day classes, I am staying later at work to make up the time. And some changes will have to be made to that. I was at work until 5:30 yesterday. The worst part about that is I don't get home until the sunset, so the kids have been alone during the daylight hours. To make it up to them I let them run around the front yard (they race each other between our house and Serge's house, back and forth). I let them do this until they both needed to take a dump on his lawn. Hey, he doesn't pick up after his dog, so I'm just paying him back.



Well, to get back on track, I am going to adjust my time to 5 PM. I'll shorten my lunches to 30 minutes (or skip all together) to make it all work. But I am really psyched starting school again. I checked out my degree chart and it looks like I'll need only 6 more classes after these two are done. I know I won't be able to take 3 classes over the summer, and unlikely even 2 classes will be available I need, so I foresee me getting my degree in 2008.



Well, lunch is over so back to work for me. Everyone have a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home