Thoughts from the mountains of my mind. Sit back and relax for awhile.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Saying Goodbye

I received an email yesterday that really effected me. I won't go into details but it had to do with a dear friend of mine and his state of health. Even though I've only known him for a handful of years, and only saw him usually once or twice a year, he became a good friend to me. Most of our communication was through emails or discussion boards we moderated on.



I am 37 years old and have never had to deal with the death of a friend until now. I went home and wrote him an honest email while crying over the keyboard. His email said that saying goodbye over the phone would have been too much and he had to do it in an email. So I called our mutual friends and spoke with them - all of them as shook-up and stunned as I was.



I admire him for his strength and intelligence. He never takes crap from anyone and always tells it like it is. I wish I could be more like him. He also has the best stories to tell. He always teases me about the Broadway productions he has seen with the original cast members.



I know there will be some more days of tears we all will shed for him. Definitely more tears when I see the gang again next time and we start reminiscing. And his partner, B., has the hardest job of all. I just hope he can handle this, and know that he has friends who will help him through it.



On Saturday I think I'll go to the Magic Kingdom and go ride our favorite attraction, the one that brought me into his circle of friends, and think about him.



T., I love you man. I know I said this in my email to you, but just know you touched my life, and I am better for it. I'm gonna miss your wit and wisdom, but will always cherish our friendship.



Goodbye.



Your friend, Reid

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home